Our Practice Areas
Among many lawsuits Zwerling Schachter has litigated on behalf of investors are:
- The collapse of the auction rate securities market.
- Cases involving the issuance of false and misleading financial statements by public companies.
- Actions against the "feeder funds" that invested in the largest alleged Ponzi scheme in the United States.
- The first case tried pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, and one of the few cases where plaintiffs recovered damages directly from officers of the corporations.
- Insider trading claims against officers and directors.
- A landmark case in which the demand futility defense was successfully defeated.
Zwerling Schachter has represented plaintiffs alleging deceptive trade practices and other anti-competitive claims against many major corporations, including Bayer, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers, Dupont, Merck, General Motors, Phillip Morris, Packard Bell, Holland America, Carnival Cruise Lines, America Online and Prudential Insurance. In all these class actions, the courts chose Zwerling Schachter as class counsel.
Please click any area of practice for detailed information.